“A leading voice on headshots & digital trends in the industry”
Keeping abreast of entertainment industry trends, I regularly write for, or am featured in national publications like The Stage, as well as writing my own arts tech & photo blog, as well a releasing the ‘Take Control of Your Headshots’ web series.
I also lead ‘Take Control of Your Headshots’ and ‘Marketing Yourself Online’ seminars at industry events like Surviving Actors and Perform, as well as for a range of drama schools/institutions including R.A.D.A, Equity and The Actors Guild.
Recent press appearances have included a feature in The Stage on Sarah Rorbach, who won a session with me in what was The Stage‘s most popular competition ever, an interview on Online Marketing for Actors, and a two part, in-depth feature on diversity in casting, for The Stage,
Other recent pieces/workshops include:
- A leader article for the The Stage: ‘Still in the Picture: What Future for Headshots?‘
- Workshops for RADA in 2014, the Edinburgh Fringe, The National Student Drama Festival, The Brighton Festival, Perform 2014, Surviving Actors 2014, Actors Expo and more.
- Casting in the 21st Century – a series of interviews for my blog with the world’s leading casting service providers.
- Headshots pieces for The UK Performing Arts Guide 2013 and the Actors Handbook 2014.
- Article on headshots in Student Guide to Drama Education (register to download the entire publication).
- Dear John column alongside a client in The Stage, Alex Bedward in a piece assessing modern headshot trends.
- My piece on ‘Headshots and Self-Marketing for Actors’ appeared in The Stage’s recent Musical Theatre Training Supplement.
- A blog piece: Do Your Headshots Shine Online? – Avoid common mistakes that cripple e-headshots.
- A blog piece: Do You Have a Modern Headshot Portfolio?
- Blog, in conjunction with Casting Call Pro. Based on a survey of over 1000 actors, it deals with The Headshot in 2012.
- For my blog – Comparing London Headshot Photographers – How Much Should You Pay?
- The History & Future of the Headshot for The Stage – looking at B&W vs Colour.
- How Casting Has Evolved Online for The Stage.
- The Future of Casting for The Actors Guild, featuring interviews with casting directors Jeremy Zimmerman, Alastair Coomer and Liz Stoll.
- A regular Arts and Technology column for Fourthwall Magazine
- A piece for The Stage on Digital Theatre and online theatre initiatives
- My own Arts and Technology blog.