I am based in Waterloo, Central London, very close to the South Bank and the heart of TheatreLand, readily accessible from both sides of the river and from outside London.
By tube & train:
I am 30 seconds from the Lambeth North tube station on the underground (the Brown Line, change at Waterloo or Oxford Circus, for example). I’m also just a few minutes walk from the tube and overground lines at Waterloo mainline station. I’m only about 5 minute’s walk from the South Bank, and the Cut/The Old Vic are also less than five minute’s walk away.
Waterloo, The Cut, Lambeth North, The Old Vic and The Imperial War Museum are all served by multiple buses from North and South of the river, and are a short walk away.
By car: there is limited fee-paying parking on a number of roads very close by, including Hercules Road.
– The exact address for Google maps is Makespace Studios, Newnham Terrace, SE1 7DR
– If walking from Waterloo either a) hop on the Bakerloo one stop south to Lambeth North, and you’re 30 secs away, OR b) exit the station onto Waterloo Road, heading towards signs for the Old Vic and the Cut, but then turn right at the junction with the Old Vic on it, onto Baylis Road. Follow Baylis Road until you reach the junction with Lambeth North Tube station on the left and Costa Coffee on the right.
– Directions: with your back to Lambeth North underground station entrance, cross over the road (careful, there are quite a few crossings, so don’t get knocked over) and head straight for Hercules Road. There is a right turning onto Newnham Terrace almost immediately, and you’ll see the signs for Makespace Studios and the stairs up to it straight away.
– Head up the stairs, then take a sharp left, along the walk way, following the signs to studios 36-40, and you will shortly see a black gallery space called Creation Box. Michael’s studio is the blue block right next to it, studio 36.
– It’s really easy and does genuinely take 30 seconds, but do call us if you get stuck.