Offers actors the tools, techniques, insights and tactics to take control of their next headshot session:
- Choosing a photographer,
- What makes a good headshot
- Preparing for the shoot, making clothing / hair / makeup choices,
- How to Pose for Actors Headshots
- Using your headshot portfolio to subtly show different sides of your casting.
- Modern trends in the industry, such as how online casting is changing the headshot, Colour vs B&W
- Questions like: ‘Is natural light better than studio light?’
Workshops for Drama Schools
I’ve been running headshot workshops for actors for several years, for drama schools like R.A.D.A, for companies like The Stage and The Actors Guild, and at a range of industry events including Perform, Actor Expo, Surviving Actors, National Student Drama Festival and Edinburgh Fringe.
Lasting from 45 minutes to 3 hours, we cover: casting types, what makes or breaks headshots, how photos can subtly show different sides of your casting, how to pose and relax in the session, what to wear, how to brief your photographer and choosing a portfolio fit for 2019.
(Photo above courtesy of The Stage and copyright Eliza Power: check out her excellent website at www.elizapower.co.uk)